Sunday, September 7, 2008

System and Station

I read an article last year about how Portland is an "Indie-Rock Mecca," where folks like Stephen Malkmus and Sleater Kinney members are like, next door neighbors! I remember wondering at the time just what it was about the Oregon trail that lends itself to rocking out. Listening to Portland-based System and Station [pictured] has renewed my interest in this phenomenon. Maybe there's something in the water.

System and Station - On The Way

System and Station are currently touring in support of their recent release, A Nation of Actors.

And

After reading this NYTimes profile, I'm officially beyond excited about the new TV on the Radio record!!! It's funny, I never remember Williamsburg being the way they describe it from back in the day. How the times have changed.

No comments: