Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Cho Show


So, in case you haven't heard, The Cho Show debuts tonight. I think it will be awesome, just like comedienne Margaret Cho's 90's series, All-American Girl, even though I was really young when it debuted and couldn't quite appreciate all of said awesomeness.

In a recent interview with Jezebel, an older, wiser, but still irreverently kick-ass Cho talked about being every woman:
"I always want people to feel beautiful. I try to be super positive about my body, and super positive about not saying, 'I feel fat and I feel ugly.' Of course I have moments of weakness, and sometimes I have interviews on those days. ! I don’t want be self-deprecating in the way that comes too naturally for women. I want to be a woman who is really proud of her physical being, I am proud to be forty, am proud to be in this body. People don't get to see a lot of real women on TV who haven’t had plastic surgery, who haven’t had botox, and I’m totally normal. In my new TV show, I try to be naked a lot because I think it’s important for viewers to see a real 40 woman looks like, but also because how things were for me the last time I had a show. When I first had a screen test [for her 90s sit com All-American Girl], I wore a midriff shirt and my stomach was showing, and one of the executives said, don't ever, ever do that again."
[more at Jezebel]

Cho Show is on at 10p CT tonight.

No comments: