Thursday, July 31, 2008

No New News, But

I listened to Ratatat's new album, LP3, yesterday, and I was ranting and raving to someone about how it rocks soooo hard, and how the guitar-as-synthesizer thing isn't tired at all, not at all, and how cool it is to hear that some new flourishes and influences have been thrown into the mix as well. And then I was thinking of a way that I could somehow write about Ratatat, since the awesomeness of LP3 isn't new news at all.

And then I saw that they did a Guest List with Pitchfork this morning, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Sam Cooke's "Bring It on Home to Me" makes producer Evan Mast cry and that James Brown's "Try Me" "destroys [him]." It's always nice to know that the artists I enjoy are fans, too.

This continues to be my favorite Ratatat track next to "Wildcat," a remix of The Knife's "We Share Our Mother's Health:"

No comments: