Monday, July 14, 2008

New Raphael Saadiq


Chicago was fun. As with most family functions I attend, I met a lot of my relatives for the first time and there was lots of good food and good music.

I heard the new Raphael Saadiq record and loved it. The former Tony Toni Tone member turned producer extraordinaire and Mr. Joss Stone has turned soul revivalist and has made a Motown style record that literally sounds like a carbon copy of some lost early Stevie record. But Saadiq does his interpretation well, to the point that it's more tribute than mimicry. Check a preview below:

Raphael Saadiq - 100 Yard Dash

The record is due out in September and I think it will be one of the best releases of the year. Yes yes.

1 comment:

Perception said...

Higher quality video available here:
http://vimeo.com/3020000

thanks!