Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Trip to the Record Store

So, my trip to a record store that shall remain nameless this afternoon went as follows:

Me: Hi, I can't seem to find a CD, it came out today?
Employee of record store, standing next to a computer: Alright, I can look it up for you. Who's the record by?
M: Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin.
E: [Starts punching in numbers] What'd you say that last name was?
M: Um, well, the last word I said was Yeltsin--
E: Shelton?
M: Yeltsin?
E: Sheldon?
M: Yeltsin, as in the former Russian president.
E: [with perplexed look on his face] okay, spell it for me
M: Y-e-l-t-s-i-n.
E: Okay. [types in letters]
M: [trying to be helpful] The album title is actually "Pershing," maybe it'd be easier to search for that?
E: I can't search the database by album title, ma'am.
M: Oh.
E: No search results for the term, "Yeltsin."
M: Well, um--
E: And I put out the CDs this morning and I didn't see nothin' called "Yeltsin," so...
M: Okay, well--
E: Sorry, ma'am.
M: That's okay, thank you for your time.
E: You're welcome, ma'am.

I guess I'll have to spend my dollar another day.

No comments: