Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Joy Formidable

My good friend Hunter Wry first alerted me about this great new band called The Joy Formidable last week. And then I received an email from TJF bassist/singer Rhydian and I've officially been hooked ever since. Lead singer/guitarist Ritzy has a gravel in her voice that will haunt you in your sleep, and they seem to be fans of the reverb and distortion, a la Nick Zinner. In other words, TJF is really kind of awesome.

The Joy Formidable - While the Flies

Here's an interview with the band that I found on a Norwegian music blog, and you can download more excellent TJF songs off of their Myspace page. I wish I could tell you the name of their album, but they don't have one yet! They don't even have a record deal, which I just can't believe

No comments: