Friday, March 7, 2008

Interview: Nicole Atkins

Why I love Nicole Atkins, Reason #36:

We've heard that you are in an all girl metal group called 'that word that Jane Fonda recently uttered on daytime television.' Can you tell us a little about that and any other musical projects you are involved with?
Now that I don't live in NYC anymore, Cunt (umladts over the U) is now on hiatus, or maybe defunct, who knows. Over the last couple of years I’ve been writing some songs for an EP with my friend Stephen Warwick of Charlotte, NC and I’ve also been singing backup on Scott Liss's record. He’s pretty amazing, You should check him out. I also moonlight as MC Bombpussy in the Asbury Park/Brooklyn rap conglomerate, the D** D** stains with members of the Parlor Mob. It’s hilarious.

You can read the rest of the interview over at Houstonist, and catch Nicole and her band The Sea perform this Monday at the Mink in Houston.

No comments: