Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Youtubing: I've Seen this Before

Nicole Atkins' new video for "Maybe Tonight" reminded me of some other videos I really like, mostly because they all employ the same highly effective and popular music video maneuver - "the walking/dancing/singing ensemble but I'm just going through my regular daily routine you see" maneuver.

If you didn't think there was a technical term for it, there it is friends.

Exhibit A:
Lightspeed Champion's "Tell Me What It's Worth"


Exhibit B:
Julieta Venegas' "Eres Para Mi"


Julieta Venegas - Eres Para Mi

Lightspeed Champion's new album, Falling off the Lavender Bridge, is really kind of awesome, and Julieta Venegas recently released a Best-of Compilation doncha know. And Nicole Atkins' Neptune City has set up permanent residence in my CD player.

No comments: