Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where All the Hotspots Are


I can't believe I haven't talked about my fabulous fiction writing class here! One of the few plusses about not having a 9-5 schedule (at the moment) is that it affords me the opportunity to take a random writing workshop in the middle of the morning on Mondays. The class is so rad, the other week our instructor (who is also a really awesome author in her own right, do check her out), read Dr. Seuss poetry to us and we discussed the inherent rhythm of language and words - trochees and iambs were in full effect.

And I spied some iambic pentameter in this new song from Kaki King's upcoming album

Kaki King - Pull Me Out Alive

I was going to bring it up in class, but I didn't want to seem all 'teacher's pet'-y so I thought I'd share with you because it's a really cool song.

I am officially beyond excited about this record.

No comments: