Thursday, November 1, 2007

Softer Sides

Someone mentioned early 90's band Madder Rose to me earlier this week, and I've been thinking about them ever since. Their album, Panic On, is one of the greatest alternative rock records from that decade. Lead singer Mary Lorson actually lived in my college town, and a good friend of mine babysat her children. Small world. Lorson is in another great band these days called Saint Low. But her songs with Madder Rose are what I find myself listening to on quiet days, when I need a little more background noise than my loud thoughts.

Then I heard Kate Tucker and her band of Swedes this afternoon and I thought, this is the type of music Madder Rose would be making today.

Kate Tucker & The Sons of Sweden - Faster Than Cars

Kate's new CD just came out yesterday!

and wow, did you see Nicole Atkins on Letterman earlier this week? She blew me away, she even blew Dave away.



Nicole Atkins - The Way It Is

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yes Nicole Atkins is amazing! Her album was released this week.