Monday, November 12, 2007

My Little Corner of the World

Two of my favorite things have big to-dos this week, and I thought I'd share

The 4th season of Project Runway starts this Wednesday!
I think this is one of the most un-reality tv shows around. Staged drama episodes aside, Project Runway is really about the creative process and making art. It's fascinating to see a garment go from concept to delivery on a model. The commercial previews already have me hooked. Especially the young guy with the asymetrical hair cut who says, "I'm pure raw talent. I'm kind of a big deal."
Yeah, okay, let's see how long he stays on the show.

also!

The Complete Gilmore Girls series is out on DVD on Wednesday too! All 7 seasons, 153 episodes, plus hours of extras! (So the convincing tv commercial says.) I simply can not wait. However much I griped about the last three seasons losing their Gilmore Girliness and charm, I have to admit that I terribly miss the show now. Reruns air on ABC Family but it's not the same. Isn't that how it always is, never appreciating what you have until it's gone? Sigh.



Here's a song from the Gilmore Girls soundtrack. Yes, I own a copy of the soundtrack. This love runs deep.

Yo La Tengo - Our Little Corner of the World

1 comment:

Hunter Wry said...

i have that soundtrack too!!

and I gotta have my PR as well.