Thursday, October 18, 2007

Three Rules

It's always nice meeting older alumni from my school.They love giving advice, especially when you're young, and they're very friendly. They also generally seem to live full lives. It's a comfort to me, I guess it's something to look forward to.

I met a particularly colorful fellow last night. He switched careers to find the perfect fit later in life, and he's lived everywhere, including Brazil -- which made me think of a dear friend back in New York. He was really funny and his laughter was infectious. Before leaving the restaurant, he gave all of us younger grads a few pearls of wisdom. They are as follows:

1. Never heckle the dude on stage with the microphone
2. Never piss in the wind
3. Have fun, but never come home in a cop car

The dude abides.

No comments: