Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This is Really Happening

"Shit!" the usually genteel middle-aged editor who sits in my corner of the office exclaimed. (Homeboy is also growing a goatee, maybe he's going through some things, I don't think I want to know.) "There's like, smoke coming out of Rockefeller Center!" We all raced to our shared floor-to-ceiling window.

The now collective panic that arises from any sign of smoke or explosion in the city quickly subsided. It was nothing serious. We all lingered for a minute longer out of human curiosity. Shortly after the stir, I met a friend in the lobby to grab lunch. And poof, the sky was clear and all the commotion was gone without a trace in a New York Minute. It almost made me wonder if it happened at all.

Sometimes I feel like that with my decision to leave New York. But this is it. This is really happening.

Ryan Adams - This Is It

If you haven't signed a petition for the release of the Jena 6, you can do so here. This is an injustice for all of us. If you are unfamiliar with the cases, this is a great place to start.

1 comment:

Hunter Wry said...

Sorry, I will be in denial until October.