Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What You Meant

Franz Ferdinand - What You Meant

I’m sorry but I thought this scenario was too choice not to share

My friend and I were walking out of the concert Sunday night and upon reaching the escalator I hear, “Oh now you seem like my kind of girl.”
Um...
“Are you going to the after party?” I say no.
“Can I get your number?” I’ve given up on attempting to explain that I’m not interested, so I say, let me take down yours.
“Well now we don’t want to waste each other’s time,” he reasons. Okay then, have a nice night, I reply before walking away.
He follows us up the escalator. “Do you have kids?” (A question I find to be uniquely New York, why is that?)
“Wow your skin looks soooo smooth!” (Ew.)
“How old are you?” (Why, to make sure he doesn’t go to jail?)
When asked about the hickey that is on his neck, he replies, “It’s not like I have a girlfriend!

And all of this, before asking my name, or even looking me in the eye, of course, to ensure that “conditions are perfect” for Business Time.

I think this is a new kind of sleaze that I am unfamiliar with.

1 comment:

Hunter Wry said...

wow, what a romantic he is, that fellow.