Monday, August 20, 2007

Have You Seen These Kids?



Saturday night I fell asleep listening to iTunes, starting with Interpol (which made me very excited about seeing them at the Garden next month,) on through to my Isley Brothers collection. Right before nodding off, I heard "Writing on the Wall" by a North-Carolina group called Cities.

Cities - Writing on the Wall (Isan Mix)

This is a remix by English producing duo Isan, and was on my constant mp3 rotation last fall. It's a wonder why I didn't look into Cities some more back then, but I searched for some audio online yesterday and I think I could really like this band.

There's something a little sad about their songs, "Writing on the Wall" in particular stings of disappointment, yelping at scumbags to stay in line. Don't you hate when you have to do that? Sigh.

So whatever happened to these guys? I remember wanting to see them at CMJ last year, and they released a record of remixes that sounded exciting. But I haven't heard anything about them since.

If you or someone you know has any knowledge of the band going by the name Cities and their whereabouts, please call 1-800-555-BANDS-THAT-NEED-TO-UPDATE-THEIR-MYSPACE
-PAGE. Thanks.

No comments: