Sunday, July 22, 2007

Across the Universe

I saw a beautiful teaser for an upcoming movie due in the fall. According to various unreliable internet descriptions, Across the Universe was inspired by Beatles’ tunes and intends to play out like one long trippy music video.



I’m intrigued, go on.

It could be a case of “all the amazing scenes from the movie have filled up the trailer leaving nothing else to look forward to,” but I’d be willing to see it anyway. Julie Taymor directs, she was behind Selma Hayek’s vision Frida and the Lion King on Broadway.
And there’s a rock and soul singer named Martin Luther who plays a part in the movie. His music is a bit too classic rock for my tastes but I can see him fitting nicely with the aesthetic of the film. I love how he says “Music’s the only thing that makes sense anymore man.” Word.

This is a Luther song I can get down with.

Martin Luther – Daily Bread

1 comment:

J.D. said...

I cannot freaking wait for this movie!!!!!!!!