Tuesday, May 29, 2007

On a Rooftop in Brooklyn

My old roommate invited me to a barbeque last night, on a rooftop in Park Slope. It's always great to see her, she's the type of person that just radiates. We can just chat and catch up anywhere and it's like we're sitting in our old living room, vegging out. We don't get to see each other nearly enough as I would like, it's always too long till the next time we hang out. She was one of the first friends I made in New York.

Her boyfriend is this amazingly talented musician, and he provided the musical entertainment for the night, a la his acoustic guitar. One of the numbers he played with the help of an impromptu band of back up singers (myself included after a few too many sips of white wine) was this one, by London reggae band Steel Pulse.



Against a watercolor sky, satellites took the place of stars, and our meteorites were the planes departing from JFK zooming overhead. The laid back vibe in Your House totally embodies the evening, everyone was easy, everyone was mooching smokes, drinking, laughing, enjoying the pleasure of complete strangers, who were somehow all connected by the what's his name or her name that invited them to this random party. I love get-togethers like this.

I'm so not ready to leave the city yet. Sweetness.

No comments: