Sunday, May 27, 2007

Les Amants


Oh how I love Magritte.

Projects 85 is a new-ish exhibit at the MoMA that I thoroughly enjoyed during my brief visit on Saturday. Romanian artist Dan Perjovschi basically doodled on 1.5 walls of the museum, resulting in funny cartoon figures that mask smart and clever political commentaries about war, consumerism, and other such things. It's up 'til Aug. 27th.

So this morning my mom left after her two week stay. I can't believe the great time I had. We didn't get into a single fight, not a one. And we talked, really talked, like we used to. She even listened when I vented out my frustrations about work, and although she offered her same unwavering advice about law school, seemed to understand that this is something I need to do right now. I think we're good again.

No comments: